The purpose is to inculcate co-operative and mutual help amongst members by performing the followings :
- Raise funds from amongst members to provide financial grants to members;
In matters of death;
Who have prolonged illness and receiving treatment in a hospital;
Whose house and property is destroyed by fire, natural phenomena, and other calamities;
- Provide grants pertaining to the education of the children of a member, who is sole breadwinner, in the event of his death.
- Every member of this Fund shall be eligible to receive grants under these Rules only after he has been member for at least 3 months and further provided that he is not in default.
- An application for grants as stipulated in Rule 9 shall be submitted within 1 calendar month from the day the event occurs.
- Any application for grants submitted after 1 calendar month from the day the event occurs shall be considered if the member was ‘on overseas leave’ during the material time.
Member’s dependants shall be any or all of the following:
- Wife / Husband of the member;
- Natural child, step child and legally adopted child and still schooling; a child above the age of 16 years can be included if he /she is physically and mentally retarded;
- Natural parents / foster parents / step-parents of the member;
- Every member shall, upon admission, register his dependants with the Society, by furnishing the relevant documentary proof thereof. The Society shall be notified, in writing, of any changes or addition of dependants.
A person who is being admitted as a member to this Fund shall pay a non-refundable fee of S$5.00 (Dollars Five).
Every member shall pay a non-refundable fee of S$5.00 (Dollars Five).
Grants shall be given in accordance with these Rules only upon the death of any members of this Fund or his registered dependants. No member and/or member’s child is allowed to claim an award as a matter of right or entitlement.
The rate of death grants shall be :
Type of Grant
Amount of Grants (S$)
|2||Wife/Husband of member||1,000.00|
|3||Natural child, step child and legally adopted child of member||500.00|
|4||Natural parents/foster parents and step-parents of members||500.00|
Every application for death grant shall be accompanied by a copy of the Marriage Certificates as well as a copy of the Death Certificate.
The grants for members who have prolonged illness 1 day and above and receiving treatment in a hospital are S$30.00 (Dollars Thirty) per day from the day admitted in a hospital up to a maximum of 30 days of hospitalization in a calendar year.
Grants pertaining to the education of the children of a member who is sole breadwinner in the event of his death, shall be once only and based on a maximum of two children who are still studying:
Type of Grant
Amount of Grants (S$)
|1||A child in primary school||400.00|
|2||A child in Institute of Technical Education, Secondary school, Pre-University centers, Junior colleges||500.00|
|3||A child in Higher Institute||700.00|
- Disbursement of calamity grants shall only be made if the member’s house and property is destroyed by fire, natural phenomena and other calamities;
- The Sub-Committee shall decide on the amount of the grant based on the loss incurred upon the member concerned;
- The grant shall be up to the maximum of S$2,000.00.
Who are eligible to become member of Dana Kebajikan Bersama?
It opened to all SGM member.
What are the benefits that I can get when I become member of Dana Kebajikan Bersama (DKB) ?
The benefits are:
- Death Grants for immediate family member.
- Hospitalisation Grant for member only.
- Calamity Grant.
- Education Grant.
How long should a new member eligible to apply for such grant?
After 3 months, you being confirmed as DKB member and pay the subscription fee promptly, your are elegible to apply and receive the above grant.